Wednesday was one of those days when I needed to use up a lot of the fresh gear in the fridge, so I knocked up a Fritata.
Not made one in a while and I have spent this week off work enjoying cooking and consuming more natural sources of protein.
So – what was in the mix?
4 rashers of smoked middle bacon
Cracked black pepper mature cheddar cheese 100g – grated
5 spring onions
1/2 green pepper
4 vine ripe tomatoes
Single cream – 100ml
Clove of garlic – crushed
Salt & Pepper
– The oven was warmed at 180
– The bacon was baked on greaseproof paper
– All the eggs beaten and mixed with the cream (season)
– All the veggies were washed and chopped as desired
– x1 spray of olive oil and I lightly softened the the onions and garlic in the wox, added the mushroom then peppers
– quickly transferred to an oven dish and added the bacon now rindless and chopped
– sprinkled on the grated cheese
– poured on the egg mixture
– delicately placed the tomatoes into the mixture
Slammed it in the oven for about 60 mins until it was firm on the top and golden.
Once cooled I cut it into portions and had one for lunch with a green salad and froze the rest.
Deliciously cheesey lunch that also makes a great breakfast or high protein snack!
Will put my pinny away now, don’t want to over do it :-)))
Mitzi x x
Posted from WordPress for Android